ARTICLE IV – OFFICERS
Section 1. The officers of this Chapter shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, together with such other officers as may be appointed by the President with the concurrence of the Executive Board. In addition to the officers listed above, there shall be elected each year from the active membership of the Chapter one member to serve as a member of the International Board of Directors of theInternational Right of Way Association. Said International Director shall be elected for a two-year term so as to comply with the International Bylaws providing for two directors from each Chapter.
Section 2. Except for officers appointed by the President as provided in Section 1 of this Article, all officers shall be elected by ballot from the active membership of this Chapter; the officers so elected and appointed shall serve for one year beginning at the start of the administrative year or until their successors are duly elected or appointed and installed.
Section 3. If the office of President shall be vacant, the Vice President immediately succeeds to the duties and office of President. If the Office of Vice President shall become vacant the Chapter, at an election scheduled for and held at the next regular meeting of the Chapter following the date of vacancy, shall elect a Vice President to hold the office during the unexpired term. In the event of a vacancy in any office, other than the President and Vice President, said office shall be filled by the President from the active members of the Chapter, with the concurrence of the Executive Board. If the Chapter fails to elect a new Director and to certify such election to the International Secretary prior to the next meeting of the International Board of Directors, the Board, by a majority vote of those Directors in attendance, shall elect a Director from the membership of the Chapter who shall hold office for the unexpired term.
Section 4. No officer may be re-elected to the same office until two years have elapsed following the end of his term of office; provided, however, that said prohibition shall not apply to the Secretary or Treasurer who shall be eligible to succeed themselves for one additional term.
Section 5. Immediate Past President. The Immediate Past President will serve as ex-officio member of all committees and Executive Advisor. In the event of a vacancy of both the President and Vice President, shall serve as President until an election at the next general meeting of the membership.
Section 6. The officers of this organization shall perform duties as herein set forth.
- International Directors. The International Directors shall act as liaison between the International and Chapter structures of the Association working in close cooperation with the Regional Chair and Vice Chair. They shall inform the Chapter Executive Board of all actions and activities occurring at meetings of the International Board of Directors and of such other matters as may come to their attention.
- President. The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Chapter and ex-officio member of all committees and shall, subject to the control of the Executive Board, have general supervision, direction and control of the business and officers of the Chapter. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Chapter and of the Executive Board, and shall have the general powers and duties usually vested in the office of President, and such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Bylaws of the Association, this Chapter or the Chapter Executive Board. The President shall make an annual report to the general membership on the status of the Chapter within 90 days after the close of the accounting year. Such report may either be published in the Chapter’s newsletter or presented at a general membership meeting.
- Vice President. The Vice President shall have the general powers and duties of a Vice President; shall act as President in the case of the absence or disability of the President; shall advise and assist the President when called on to do so, and shall perform such other duties as may be required by the Executive Board. In case the office of President becomes vacant, the Vice President shall become President.
- Secretary. The Secretary shall keep a book of minutes of all of the meetings of the Chapter and the Executive Board, shall carry on all correspondence of the Chapter and shall perform such duties as may be required by the Executive Board.
- Treasurer. The Treasurer shall receive all funds of the Chapter and keep a proper record thereof, shall deposit them in a convenient responsible bank, and shall disburse them only upon receipt of proper authority from the Chapter Executive Board. The Treasurer shall provide financial reports as required by the IRWA Headquarters in a timely fashion. The Treasurer shall perform such other duties as are delegated to that officer by the Chapter’s Executive Board; Treasurer shall have the authority to delegate responsibility for the Education Fund to Education Chair.